San Diego Bay Public Fishing Piers
If you're serious about fishing, try sport fishing in the ocean waters. If you love
being around water and want to kick-back and relax, try pier fishing on the San
Diego Bay. It's peaceful and lets the mind unwind. The public fishing piers are
convenient, provide security, have bait shops, concessions and restrooms. Some
have fish cleaning stations. Many pier fishermen know the ropes and catch their
fair share of fish. If you're not accustomed to the type of fish caught off the piers,
ask the pier anglers, most will give you good hints.
- Shelter Island Pier
- 1776 Shelter Island Drive
- San Diego, CA 92101
- Take I-5 or I-8 to Rosecrans (Hwy.209) and go west, turn left at Shelter Island
- Drive and follow it until you see the pier on the left.
- Hours: 6:00 a.m. to 10:30 p.m.
- Embarcadero Marina Park South
- Located behind the San Diego Convention Center. Take I-5 to the Market Street.
- Exit. Take Market Street west to Harbor Drive. Turn left on Harbor Drive. Turn right on Convention Way.
- Hours: Open 24 hours a day though parking lot closes at 10:00 PM.
- The parking lot has metered parking and there are no change machines.
- Coronado Ferry Landing
- From San Diego, take the Coronado Bay Bridge (Highway 75) to Coronado. Once
over the bridge you are on Third Street. Simply follow it to B Avenue, turn right,
and follow it to the front of The Old Ferry Landing – the intersection of First Street
and B Avenue. The pier sits behind the shops in the complex.
Pier Fishing Information